Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. Assam Government signed MoU with Ola for River Taxi Service
- Under the agreement an app-based river taxi service is started in Guwahati by the Cab-hailing startup Ola. The river taxis are machine-operated boats and users can book the rides through the Ola’s app.
- Through the service the travelling time will commute down to 2-5 minutes which is 45 minutes by road.
- The agreement is signed during the Global Investors Summit: Advantage Assam.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Chief Minister of Assam – Sarbanand Sonowal
- Governor of Assam – Jagdish Mukhi
2. India Successfully Test-Fired Nuclear-Capable Prithvi-II Missile
- Prithvi-II is indigenously developed nuclear capable missile that is successfully test fired as part of a user trial by the Army from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur, in Odisha.
- The missile is capable of carrying 500-1,000 kilogram of warheads and is thrusted by liquid propulsion twin engines. It is a surface-to-surface missile and has a strike range of 350 km.
- The headquarter of DRDO is in New Delhi and the chairman of DRDO is S Christopher and the Chief of Army Staff is General Bipin Rawat.
3. Mahamastakabhisheka Utsav is inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind
- Mahamastakabhisheka Utsav is a festival for Lord Gomateshwara who is also known as Bahubali.
- The festival takes place once in 12 year and organised in Hassan district of Karnataka. This is also an important Jain pilgrimage centre and lakhs of tourists visit Shravanbelagola to see 57 feet tall monolithic stone statue.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Chief Minister of Karnataka – Siddaramaiah
- Governor of Karnataka – Vajubhai Vala
4. First-Ever Pelican Festival organised at Atapaka Bird Sanctuary in Andhra Pradesh
- This is the one-day Pelican Festival first-of-its-kind organised by the Andhra Pradesh government at Atapaka Bird Sanctuary on Kolleru.
- This is the one of the largest freshwater lakes in the country. It is located on the borders of the Krishna and the West Godavari districts.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh – N Chandrababu Naidu
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh – ESL Narasimhan
5. External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj made a Goodwill Visit to Nepal
- After the completion of historic three-tier elections in Nepal this was the first high-level visit from India.
- EAM Sushma Swaraj held talks with CPN (Maoist Center) Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda.
- She also held discussions with Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba and Sanghiya Samajwadi Forum Nepal, Chairman Upendra Yadav.
6. Google and NCERT made a pact to Teach Students Digital Safety
- The agreement is signed on the occasion of Safer Internet Day (06th February). Under this agreement a course on ‘Digital Citizenship and Safety’ in information and communication technology curriculum is integrated.
- The curriculum is designed by NCERT in collaboration with Google this will be used to train students from class I – class XII across 1.4 million schools in India.
- There are four themes in which the curriculum is spread i.e being smart, being safe, being a digital citizen and being future ready.
7. India Successfully Test-Fires Agni-I Nuclear-Capable Missile
- The missile is indigenously developed short-range nuclear capable Agni-I ballistic missile and it was test fired from the Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast.
- The missile is 18th version of Agni-I and test fire was conducted by the Strategic Force Command of the Indian Army.
Other Important Facts About Agni-I missile
- It was first inducted into service in 2004.
- The missile is surface-to-surface single-stage missile and it is 15-metre-long and will carry the payload up to 1000 kg and weighs of 12 tonnes
8. World’s Smallest Rocket Ever to Carry Tiny Satellite into Orbit launched by Japan
- The rocket is launched by the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) from the Uchinoura Space Center.
- This is the re-flight of the TRICOM-1 mission, which was lost in SS-520’s failure in 2017 and the rocket carried a microsatellite TRICOM-1R, a three-unit CubeSat weighing about 3 kilograms.
- Japan Prime Minister – Shinzo Abe
- Capital of Japan – Tokyo
- Currency- Japanese Yen.
9. EAM Sushma Swaraj inaugurates ‘Janadriyah’ festival on 3-day Visit to Saudi Arabia
- This is the first official visit of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to Saudi Arabia. During the visit she will meet with the Saudi leadership in order to discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interest.
- As India is the guest of honour country at the prestigious National Heritage and Culture Festival ‘Janadriyah’ she will also participate in the event.
- Saudi Arabia Capital- Riyadh
- Currency- Saudi Riyal.
10. PM Modi left for 4-day Visit Palestine, UAE and Oman
- During the visit Prime Minister would be addressing the Sixth World Government Summit which is being held in Dubai and India has been extended ‘Guest of Honour’ status.
- Prime Minister will also lay the foundation of a Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi.
- Tweleve agreements will expected to be signed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the UAE.
- According to the Joint Secretary Dr Bala Bhaskar (West Asia and North Africa, WANA) India is committed to deepen its engagement with Palestine.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Capital of Palestine: East Jerusalem
- Currency of Palestine: Shekel
- Capital of UAE : Abu Dhabi
- Currency of UAE : Dirham
- Capital of Oman: Muscat
- Currency of Oman : Omani rial
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 10th and 11th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 7th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 5th And 6th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 4th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 17th March 2018