Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. Prasanna Kumar Mohanty and Dilip S. Shanghvi are nominated as directors to RBI central board
- They are nominated by the central government for a period upto February 8, 2021 and March 10, 2021 respectively.
2. Maharashtra to become first state to set up Transgender Welfare Board
- Maharashtra government allocated a fund of Rs 5 crore for the welfare of Transgender Welfare Board (TWB) and Minister of State for Social Justice Dilip Kamble announced that it will be set up in a month’s time.
- The board will look after the education, employment, housing, and health schemes for transgenders and protect their Constitutional and human rights.
3. First International Kala Mela will be Inaugurated in New Delhi
- Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the event in New Delhi on February 4.
- The event is organised by the Lalit Kala Akademi, the premier institution for the promotion of Art and Culture at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi (IGNCA).
- Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State for Culture (Independent Charge) and Environment, Forest and Climate Change also attended the occasion.
4. India’s biggest floating island released in Neknampur lake, Hyderabad
- The lake is inaugurated on the occasion of World Wetland Day by a city based NGO Dhruvansh.
- The restoration programme of Neknampur is started in June 2016 by the duo of Dhruvansh NGO, Madhulika and Neeraj Singh by adopting the various cost effective methodologies to clean the lake.
- The NGO introduced the 10×10 feet floating islands last year and now it has inducted the 2,500 square feet floating island with 3,500 wetland plants floating on this platform.
5. India’s most powerful Cray Super Computer – MIHIR Could Aid In Doubling Farmers’ Income
- The super computer is built at the cost of Rs. 450 crore and it is housed in a badminton court-sized room at India’s weather office near Delhi, and is capable of performing jobs equivalent to more than 2,500 high-end laptops, all working in tandem.
- The super computer is capable for accurate weather forecasts and hence it will boost the farmer’s income and strength will increase tremendously and it will now become about eight petaflops.”
- After the launch of this India now be ranked 4th, after Japan, UK and the US for dedicated HPC resources for weather/climate community.
6. The Autobiography of Sourav Ganguly “A Century is Not Enough” is released
- The co-author of the book is Gautam Bhattacharya and published by Juggernaut Books. The books consists the ups and downs in more than a decade long career of the former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly. He is fondly called as ‘Dada’.
7 . International Conference on ‘Demetrios Galanos and His Legacy’ held in New Delhi
- The international conference is 8-day event inaugurated at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) in New Delhi.
8. New Manchester-India Partnered to expand trade opportunities
- The agreement is signed up for connecting the Indian companies with the northern regions of England has been set up to further trade, investment, science and innovation ties between India and Britain.
- The chairman of Manchester-India Partnership is Manchester Airport CEO Andrew Cowan. And the Minister of State in the UK Department for International Trade: Rona Fairhead.
9. World Cancer Day: 4 February
- The International Day World Cancer Day marked on 4 th February to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection, and treatment.
- The day is founded by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) to support the goals of the World Cancer Declaration, written in 2008.
- The theme of the event is World Cancer Day 2016-2018 is ‘We can. I can.’ and it aims to significantly reduce illness and death caused by cancer by 2020.
10. India lifts their fourth World Cup in Under-19 World Cup
- India won against Australia by 8 wickets as for chasing the score of 217 in just 39 overs.
- Manjot Kalra scored a sensational unbeaten century and was named as the Man of the Match and Shubman Gill was declared as man of the series.
- The final took place at Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 10th and 11th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 8th and 9th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 7th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 4th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018