Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. The 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela Inaugurated in Haryana
- The International mela is 17-day long event representing the India’s rich cultural diversity, crafts and handiwork’s.
- The event is inaugurated by the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, in Haryana’s Surajkund city in the presence of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
- The theme of mela this year is the culture of Uttar Pradesh and focuses upon child rights violations across India and on religious tourism, rural tourism and spiritual tourism apart from showcasing its art, culture and heritage in the mela.
- All the states of India along with 29 countries participated in the International mela this year. The partner country for this year of mela is Kyrgyz Republic.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Haryana State tourism minister: Ram Bilas Sharma
- Capital of Haryana : Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Kaptan Singh Solanki
- Capital Kyrgyz Republic : Bishkek
- Currency Kyrgyz Republic : Kyrgyzstani som
2. Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) signs agreement with World Bank
- After the signing of the Agreement the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs provides its approval for the implementation of the US $ 800 million JMVP for capacity augmentation of navigation on National Waterway-1(River Ganga) from Varanasi to Haldia.
- From the remaining amount, US $ 380 million is to be sourced through the Government of India counterpart funds from budgetary allocation and proceeds from the bond issue.
- Under the PPP mode US $ 45 million will come from private sector participation
- This expected time for the completion of JMVP project is March, 2023 which is being implemented with the financial and technical support of the World Bank.
- The project will enable commercial navigation of vessels with the capacity of 1500-2,000 tons on NW-I.
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Global Investors’ Summit ‘Advantage Assam’ in Guwahati.
- The inaugural session of Advantage Assam – Global Investors Summit 2018 held in Guwahati on February 3, 2018.
- The event is two-day Summit and it will be the largest ever investment promotion and facilitation initiative by the Government of Assam.
- The summit is organised by Assam government in association with the industry body FICCI. The hightlights of the event are manufacturing opportunities and geostrategic advantages offered by the Assam government to foreign and domestic investors.
- The Summits aims to position Assam as India’s Expressway to ASEAN countries.
4. National Tribal Festival, Aadi Mohatsav, begins at Kalagram
- This is the 10 day event named as Aadi Mohatsav that is being organised at Kalagram in Manimajra, Chandigarh. The festival represents tribal culture, cuisine and commerce and inaugurated by Haryana Governor, Kaptan Singh Solanki.
- The organising authority of the festival are Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs in association with North Zone Cultural Centre, Patiala.
5. First Defence Industrial Corridor Between Chennai and Bengaluru
- The First Defence Industrial Corridor for linking the Chennai and Bengaluru is announced by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in Budget 2018.
- Soon there will be announcement for the second corridor will be made soon, by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- There is increment of 7.81 per cent to Rs 2.95 lakh crore against last year’s Rs 2.74 lakh crore in the defence budget.
6. Lt. Gen Anil Chauhan appointed As DGMO Of Indian Army
- He is going to succeeds Lt General A K Bhatt who will assume charge of the Srinagar-based 15 Corps.
- Earlier Lt. Gen Chouhan had also served as military observer for UN peacekeeping mission in Angola.
7. World Bank Granted $100 Million loan agreement For Tamil Nadu
- World Bank committed to provide a $100 million (about Rs 6,400 crore) loan agreement. The agreement is signed to promote rural economy in selected blocks of Tamil Nadu across 26 districts, benefiting over 4 lakh people.
- The loan is provided for a 5-year grace period, and a maturity of 19 years from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
- The signatory of the projects are Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Mr. Junaid Ahmad, Country Director, World Bank India, Mr. Praveen P. Nair, Project Director(Tamil Nadu).
Other Important Facts For Exams
- President of World Bank : Jim Yong Kim
- Headquarters of World bank : Washington, D.C., United States
8. India Joins Ashgabat Agreement
- The Ashgabat Agreement is set up for the international transport and transit corridor linking central Asia with the Persian Gulf . This agreement will significantly improve the trade and investment.
- The member countries of the agreement are Iran, Oman and Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan which is the depository State of Ashgabat Agreement that informed India that all the four founding members have consented to the accession of India.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Capital of Iran : Tehran, Currency: Iranian rial.
- Capital of Oman : Muscat, Currency: Omani rial.
- Capital of Turkmenistan : Ashgabat, Currency: Turkmenistan manat.
- Capital of Uzbekistan : Tashkent, Currency: Uzbekistani som
9. Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Signed MoU with Russian Firm USC
- The agreement aims to boost transportation & trade along India’s Inland waterways under Sagarmala & Make-in-India programmes.
- This memorandum of understanding will enhance the collaboration and engaging in design, development and execution of high-end, state-of-art vessels for inland and coastal waterways.
- The signatory of the agreement are
1. Madhu S Nair, MD, Cochin Shipyard Limited
2. Alexey Rakhmanov, president, United Shipbuilding Corporation
10. Indian Boxer Mary Kom Wins Gold At India Open Boxing
- M C Mary Kom defeated Filipino Josie Gabuco 4-1 in the 48kg category.
- The event is organised at the Thyagraj Indoor Stadium in New Delhi.
- Pinki Rani also claimed gold for India after defeating Jargalan Ochirbat in the final in (48-51 kg) category. In all India bags 10 medals.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 10th and 11th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 8th and 9th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 7th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 5th And 6th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018