Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. Arun Jaitely announces the ‘world’s largest healthcare programme’
- Under the Ayushman Bharat Programme in the Union Budget 2018 Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced two new initiatives. Under this initiatives he announced a new flagship National Health Protection Scheme, providing a health insurance cover of ₹5 lakh a family per annum.
- With the scheme 10 crore vulnerable families are covered and the 50 crore beneficiaries . According to Mr. Jaitley the creation of health and wellness centres, which will “bring healthcare closer to home”.
- There are 1.5 lakh centre that will provide free essential drugs and diagnostic services. A sum of Rs. 1200 crore has been allocated for this.
2. 7th India Energy Congress begins in New Delhi
- The event is held at New Delhi on February 1 and 2 and more than 400 experts will participate in the event and discuss and debate the energy transition.
- The 7th edition of India Energy Congress is jointly organised by the ministries of power, coal, new & renewable energy, petroleum & natural gas, external affairs and Department of Atomic Energy.
- And the theme of the 7th edition of India Energy Congress is ‘Energy 4.0: Energy Transition Towards 2030’. It is flagship event of World Energy Council India (WEC India.
3. Neelam Kapur appointed as Director General of Sports Authority of India
- Neelam Kapur was a senior-most Indian Information Service officer, who had served as UPA government’s spokesperson. Neelam kapur is the 1982 batch IIS officer is and currently the Principal Director General of the Directorate of Field Publicity (DFP).
4. PM Narendra Modi going to release a book titled ‘Exam Warriors’ for students
- The book is written by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi for students who battle stress and anxiety during examinations. The book will be released on on February 3. It mentions the ways by which students can tackle the stress and various other means such as practicing yoga.
5. Magadhi writer Shesh Anand Madhukar honoured wuth Sahitya Akademi’s Bhasha Samman award
- The Sahitya Akademi Bhasha Samman award comprises a Rs 1 lakh cheque and a memento, by Sahitya Akademi President Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari.
- He has been awarded for working extensively for the development of the language.
6. IRDEA and RUMSL Signs Agreement for two Large-Scale Solar Parks in Madhya Pradesh
- A proposal of US $100 Million is channelized by the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), World Bank & Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) and Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL) for the infrastructure of two large Solar Parks in Madhya Pradesh.
- The ultra-mega solar parks project aims to achieve the 100 GW solar capacity addition target by 2022, set by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. Under this agreement , IREDA has sanctioned its first loan of Rs. 210.62 Cr. to RUMSL to finance two such solar parks in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
7. Rs 2.04 lakh crore to be assigned for 99 cities under Smart City programme
- Under the Union Budget 2018-19 presented by Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley, an investment of Rs 2.04 lakh crore has been allocated for 99 smart cites under the ambitious Smart City Mission. The Union Ministry has launched 99 smart cities in two years so far.
8. India slips down to 42nd place on EIU Democracy Index
- Economist Intelligence Unit’s annual Global Democracy Index ranks 165 independent states and two territories on the basis of five categories.
- India has slipped down to 42nd place from 32nd position of last year and remains classified among “flawed democracies” because of “rise of conservative religious ideologies” and increase in vigilantism and violence against minorities as well as other dissenting voices.
- Norway has topped the list once again that is followed by the Iceland and Sweden.
9. Prime Minister to launch First Khelo India School Games in New Delhi
- The games are organised at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi on January 31, 2018 and the event is inaugurated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- The Khelo India programme is launched in order to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-root level by building a strong framework for all sports played in our country and making India as a great sporting nation.
- In order to recognize the real talent in every sports disciplines at various levels a High-Powered Committee will be appointed and the annual financial assistance of Rs. 5 lakh per annum for 8 years is allocated.
- Under-17 athletes have been invited to participate across 16 disciplines.
10. Anu Kumar of Uttarakhand Wins First Gold In Khelo India School Games
- Arun Kumar won the first gold medal of Khelo India School Games in 1500 metres at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
- Earlier he won 00-metres silver medalist for India at the World School Games in France.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 1st February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 29th and 30th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 28th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 27th January 2018