Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. New Delhi Launches the ‘Rail Yatri Guide’ kiosk a single point enquiry at railway station
- The system is developed by the Delhi Division Board. It is the touch screen kiosk for single point enquiry station for answering all the queries of passengers including guidance and navigation for accessing various facilities available at the station.
- The system is loaded with the touch screen kiosks with a 40-inch screen display of 3D digitised railway station map and helps the passenger at the touch of the screen.
- The ‘Rail Yatri Guide’ kiosk is launched by the Chairman of Railway Board, Ashwani Lohani at New Delhi railway station.
2. ‘Aadhaar’ is Oxford’s first Hindi word of the year 2017
- AADHAAR is the first hindi word of the year for 2017 that was inducted in the Oxford Dictionaries. The announcement is made at the Jaipur Literature Festival by Oxford Dictionaries.
- The other accompanying shortlisted words include Notebandi, Swachh, Vikaas, Yoga and Bahubali, reflect the social, cultural, political and economic trends and events that have been part of 2017.
3. The plan of Rs 750 crore for law university at Nagpur approved by Govt : Maharashtra CM Fadnavis
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis announces that the govt approve the plans of 750 crore rupees for a law university at Nagpur and the work on the first phase costing 200 crore rupees would begin soon.
- Along with this a foundation stone of a flyover connecting Ujjwal Nagar to Manish Nagar is laid by the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari. The project is to built at a cost of 130 crore rupees.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Capital of Maharashtra : Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Devendra Fadnavis
- Governor: C. Vidyasagar Rao
4. Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani participated at the leadership conclave. The event is
organised by the Art of Living in New Delhi
5. An apex cyber crime coordination centre is set up by Government
- This centre is set up in order to deal with cyber crimes such as financial frauds, circulation of communal and pornographic contents.
- The Union Home Ministry announced to set up an apex coordination centre and asked the states to establish the similar mechanism in every district.
- The fund of Rs 83 crore is released by the centre for setting up of a cyber forensic training laboratory-cum-training centre for police officials in each state.
- The funds are allocated under the Cyber Crime Prevention against Women and Children Scheme.
- The apex centre – Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) – would be set up in Delhi.
6. Siddheshwar Swami of Karnataka turns down prestigious Padma Shri award.
- He wrote the letter Prime Minister Narendra Modi to express his unwillingness to accept the prestigious Padma Shri award. In the letter he mentioned that he was grateful to the Indian government for the award , but he declined because has little interest in awards.
- He clarified that his refusal has nothing to do with politics. He has never accepted honours in his life. Even few years back he refused to receive Hon. Doctorate Award announced by Karnataka University
7. Republic Day Parade: “Jai Bhavani, Jai Shivaji” Maharashtra tableaux wins best tableau award
- The contingent from the Army’s Punjab Regiment was awarded the best marching contingent trophy among the three military services, while the Indo-Tibetan Border Police team won the best marching contingent prize among the para-military and other auxiliary forces.
- The best tableau award among the ministries went to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports that depicts the ‘Khelo India’, the national programme for development of sports.
- Among the school children performances , South Central Zone Cultural Centre’s ‘Baredi Dance’ (from Madhya Pradesh) was awarded the first prize.
8. 60th Grammy Awards 2018 announced – Complete List of Winners
- The award ceremony is held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, the USA honouring the best achievements from October 2016 to September 2017.
- Bruno Mars made six nominations and won three biggest awards and rest all the nominations i.e Album Of The Year and Record Of The Year for 24K Magic and Song Of The Year for ‘That’s What I Like’.
- The host of the award ceremony was James Corden for the second year in a row. The Grammy Awards was first started on May 4, 1959.
- Album Of The Year: Bruno Mars
- Song of the Year: Bruno Mars’, That’s What I Like
- Record Of The Year: Bruno Mars, 24K Magic
- Best Pop Solo Performance: Ed Sheeran, Shape of You
- Best Pop Vocal Album: Ed Sheeran, Divide
- Best Dance Recording: LCD Soundsystem, Tonite
- Best Music Film: The Defiant Ones
- Best Children’s Album: Feel What U Feel, Lisa Loeb
- Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media: La La Land
- Producer of the Year, Classical: David Frost
9. Pro-Russia president Milos Zeman wins Czech presidential election
- He won the election for the second five year term after beating a political newcomer viewed as more Western-oriented in a runoff vote.
10. Qatar, Oman inked agreements to boost trade and economic ties
- The MoU signed between the countries includes food production, marketing, joint investment and export of Omani products to Qatar. The agreements are signed in the presence of the dignitaries of both countries.
11. Leander Paes and James Cerretani wins 25th Challenger doubles title at Newport Beach
- Veteran Indian tennis star Leander Paes claims his 25th ATP Challenger level doubles title with partner James Cerretani.
- They defeated the American-Filipino combine Denis Kudla and Treat Huey by 6-4 7-5 in the summit clash of the USD 150,000 hard court tournament.
- Paes ended his 2017 season with consecutive trophies of 11 singles titles on the Challenger Tour and 25th ATP Challenger level doubles title
12. Sandeep Lamichhane becomes first cricketer from Nepal to get IPL contract
- Sandeep Lamichhane was picked by the Delhi Daredevils in the ongoing players auction. He is 17 year old and the Nepal player in the IPL auction, was sold at his base price of Rs 20 lakh.
- He is leg-spinner who rose to prominence with a successful outing at the 2016 U-19 World Cup where he guided Nepal to a creditable eighth place.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 1st February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 28th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 27th January 2018