Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. Himachal CM launches women safety helpline and mobile app ‘Gudiya’
- The app is named after 16-year old rape and murder victim of Kotkhai. It is the 24×7 women safety helpline and mobile app.
- In this there is a ‘Shakti Button’ which linked to the police control rooms for ensuring the safety of women with in the state.At the time of panic or untoward incident any women can press the red button on the mobile app and an alert will immediately reach the police response team.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur also launches Hoshiyar Singh help line on toll free number 1090.
2. 21st edition of biennial India International Seafood Show opens in Goa
- The biennial India International Seafood Show is inaugurated in Margao in South Goa. This is the the three-day flagship trade event.
- The event is organised by the Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA and the Seafood Export Association of India (SEAI) and inaugurated by the Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
3. India will host informal WTO Ministerial meet in March
- India is going to host the informal WTO Ministerial meeting this year and the event is held in Delhi. The scheduled date of the meeting is on March 19 – 20.
- The decision is made after the trade ministers from various countries including Australia, Japan and Switzerland met for an informal WTO ministerial gathering in Davos.
- Indian Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the WTO Deepak Jagdish Saksena attended the informal meeting held on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual summit in Davos.
4. Vice President launches The Book ‘Staniya Svasasan Mei Addhi Aabadhi’
- The author of the book is Dr. Sadhana Pandey. The launching event took place in New Delhi.
- The book captures the voices of the rural women who are occupying positions of authority at the local level.
5. Sheila Dixit Releases the book “Dilli Meri Dilli: Before And After 1998”
- Sheila Dixit, former Chief minister of Delhi launches the pictorial book named “Dilli Meri Dilli: Before and After 1998”.
- The publisher of the book is Palimpsest Publishers and the book beautifully traces the evolution of the Indian capital over the centuries.
- The book focus on various subjects like heritage, culture, law, gender equality, urban environment, education, sports and transport.
6. KVB Reddy is appointed as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer. The announcement is
made by the L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad).
7. Mehul Garg becomes the youngest achiever in the Mensa IQ test in the UK
- He is 10 year old Indian origin boy who is the first in decade achieve the highest score in the Mensa IQ test in the UK, beating geniuses like Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking.
8. Wozniacki defeats Simona Halep to win Australian Open women’s title
- She claimed her first grand slam title by 7-6(2) 3-6 6-4. With this defeat Wozniacki swiped Halep’s world number one ranking, six years after losing it at the 2012 Australian Open.
9. Indian boxing star Vijender Singh has risen four rungs to sixth in the latest WBO rankings in the super
10. India And Cambodia Signed up For Bilateral Ties
- The agreement are signed at the delegation-level talks and documents are exchanged between the two countries in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Cambodian PM Hun Sen
The List of Four Agreements includes the
- To improve cooperation in prevention, investigation of crimes and legal assistance in criminal matters.
- To promote cultural exchange and strengthen the friendly relations between the two nations.
- On the issues of prevention rescue and repatriation related to human trafficking.
- A line of credit from India to fund Cambodia’s Stung Sva Hab water resources development project for USD 36.92 million.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 1st February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 29th and 30th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 27th January 2018