Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. Nation Celebrates its 69th Republic Day on 26 January in Rajpath, New Delhi.
- India celebrates its 69th Republic Day with great enthusiasm in Rajpath, New Delhi. The heads of 10 ASEAN countries attended the glorious pared as Chief Guests .
- On the occasion of Republic Day India’s highest peacetime gallantry award, Ashok Chakra is awarded to Corporal Jyoti Prakash Nirala (Posthumous) of the Indian Air Force (IAF), who died fighting militants in Kashmir valley. The family member of Mr. Nirala received the award.
2. President of India Receives Asean Heads of State and Government at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- The ASEAN Heads of State and Government are received by the President of India on January 25, 2018 at Rashtrapati Bhavan and hosted the lunch in their honour.
- India established Dialogue Partnership with ASEAN on January 28, 1992 and today ASEAN is a Strategic Partner for India.
- And now India has 30 dialogue mechanisms between India and ASEAN, including Annual Summits and 7 Ministerial Meetings in a wide range of sectors.
3. The First Floating Market of India is opened in Kolkata.
- The first Indian Metro Kolkata gets is floating market which is located in the water body with boats doubling up as shops.
- The market is inaugurated by the Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee and it is located on the eastern fringes of the city.
- This will help in rehabilitation of over 200 shopkeepers from the neighborhood market as it was demolished due to the because of widening of the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass.
- The Floating market is hosted on at least 114 boats and each boats accommodate two shops.
4. India, Vietnam Release First-Ever Set of Commemorative Postage Stamps
- The Commemorative postage stamps were introduced in order to mark the long-term friendly bilateral relationships between the two countries.
- The two set of stamps carry picture of Sanchi Stupa and Thien Mu Pagoda. The set of stamps are released by the Secretary, Department of Posts AN Nanda.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Vietnam Capital- Hanoi,
- Currency- Vietnamese dong.
5. Usha Ananthasubramanian Becomes 1st Woman Chairman of IBA
- The decision of the appointment is taken by the Managing Committee for the year 2017-2018. Earlier Usha Ananthasubramanian, MD and CEO of Allahabad Bank.
- She succeeded the Jatinder Bir Singh who got retired. Also the Rajnish Kumar, the Chairman of State Bank of India is appointed as the Deputy Chairman of IBA for the year 2017-18.
6. Small Finance Banks and Payments Banks to Offer Atal Pension Yojana
- The announcement is made by the Finance Ministry that “Payments Banks and Small Finance Banks” will offer Atal Pension Yojana (APY), a social security scheme to thier subscribers.
- The scheme will launched in order to strengthen the existing channels of APY distribution.
- There are 11 Payments Banks and 10 Small Finance Banks that have received the license to start their operation from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) scheme is launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 9, 2015. The scheme is first ever guaranteed pension product that is for all the citizens between the ages of 18 and 40 years.
- Under the scheme a minimum guaranteed pension of Rs1,000 to Rs5,000 per month is provided to the subscribers after the age of 60 years depending on the monthly contribution made by a subscriber.
7. Punjab CM, Amarinder Singh Launches Benefits under ‘Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Vikas Yojana’
- Many more benefits are launched under the ‘Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Vikas Yojana’ (MGSVY) for the inclusive growth of the distressed sections of the society.
- As the current government was committed to the total implementation of its farm debt waiver scheme by November 2018 hence according to him this will provide relief to state’s debt-ridden farmers who commit suicide.
8. Jammu & Kashmir Student Exchange Programme ‘Maitreyi Yatra’ concludes at National Bal Bhawan
- The programme was organised by the Ministry of Human Resource development in order to provides a good opportunity for the youth of J&K to be acquainted with culture, language and development story of different parts of the country.
- The Chief Guest of the function is Shri Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister for Human Resource Development.
9. Country’s First Smart Grid Project inaugurated at Panipat
- The project was installed with the collaboration of Japanese company, New Energy Industrial Technology and Development Organisation (NEDO). The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 145 crore.
- It is inaurated by the Haryana’s Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar along with the Japanese Ambassador to India and Yoshi Peru Sato, executive director of NEDO.
Other Important Facts for Exams
- Capital of haryana : Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Kaptan Singh Solanki
10. First Indian Designed Rotavac Vaccine Passes the WHO Test
- The vaccine is entirely developed in India for the protection of children against diarrhoea caused by rotavirus..
- The vaccine is developed by the Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech Limited and it was inducted in India’s national immunisation programme.
- It is pre-qualified by the World Health Organisation that means the vaccine can be sold internationally to several countries in Africa and South America.
11. Global Centre Launched For Cybersecurity by World Economic Forum (WEF)
- It is launched in order to provide security from hackers and growing data breaches.
- The centre will be operational from March 2018 and its headquartered will be situated in Geneva, Switzerland. It is announced by the Managing Director of WEF, Alois Zwinggi.
- The centre is announced on the occasion of 48th World Economic Forum Annual Meeting took place in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland by Alois Zwinggi, Managing Director of WEF. The theme of the event is Creating a Shared Future in a Fractured World.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 1st February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 29th and 30th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 28th January 2018