Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. SARAS PT1N the successful maiden flight launched
- SARAS PT1N is 14 seater that is designed and developed by CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (CSIR-NAL), a frontline aerospace research laboratory.
- The aircraft took its first flight at about 11 a.m from HAL airport and flew for about 40 minutes with speed of 145 knots and at the maximum height of 8500 ft. Union Minister for Science & Technology, Dr. Harsh Vardhan congratulated the concerned authorities.
2. 16th International Energy Forum meet is scheduled to be hosted by India on April 10 to 12
- The 16th International Energy Forum (IEF) will be organised in New Delhi on April 10 to 12 and the other co-host of the meeting are Government of China and South Korea.
- The IEF Ministerial meeting is attended by the representatives from 92 countries including the 72 member countries of IEF and 20 other guest countries.
- The IEF conference last hosted by the India is in 1996.
3. Govt launches the four New Schemes To Promote Young Scientist and Researches
- The schemes are announced by the Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan to empower, recognise and motivate the youth.
- The schemes includes the Teacher Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE) Scheme, Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research (AWSAR), Distinguished Investigator Award, Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship.
4. Bharat-ASEAN Maitri Park is inaugurated by Sushma Swaraj In Delhi
- The event is attended by the ASEAN Secretary General Le Luong Minh and held at Tughlaq Crescent, in the heart of Lutyens’ Delhi.
- The Park is developed by the New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) a day ahead of the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations : ASEAN
- Headquarters : Jakarta, Indonesia
- Members Countries : Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar (Burma), Cambodia, Laos, Brunei.
5. Tamil Nadu CM Palanisamy is awarded with UNESCO Award of Merit.
- The award is given for activities taken up at iconic Srirangam Ranganathaswamy temple in Tiruchirapalli without altering its original splendour.
- The awarded is given by UNESCO Asia Pacific region for the cultural heritage conservation activities
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Capital Of Tamil Nadu : Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K Palanisamy
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
6. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik is awarded with ‘Ideal Chief Minister’ award
- The award is presented by the former President Pratibha Patil at Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad in Pune at the special event organised by Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT) School of Governanc
7. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan receives First Ladies Award
- The award is presented by the President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. The award is given to 112 women selected by Ministry of Women & Child Development who has been the first to achieve a milestone in their respective fields and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is one of them.
8. Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for Ghazipur Intermodal Terminal
- Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation put the foundation stone for Intermodal Terminal at Ghazipur in Uttar Pradesh.
- The fund allocated for the project is Rs 155 Crore and is being constructed by the Inland Waterways Authority of India as part of the World Bank aided Jal Marg Vikas Project on river Ganga or the NW-I.
- The project is expected to provided approx 5000 direct or indirect jobs. The expected time for the completion of first phase of the project is by April, 2020.
11. International Spice Conference held In Jaipur
- The third edition of international spice conference is inaugrated by Arancha Gonzalvez, the Executive Director of International Trade Centre, Geneva.
- The hosts of the events are All India Spices Exporters’ Forum and Cochin Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The theme of international spice conference – 2018 is ‘Managing Disruptions through Transformation and Collaboration’.
12. International Conference held on ‘Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in the Election Process’
- On the occasion of 8th National Voters Day Celebrations Election Commission of India (ECI) hosted a one-day International Conference on the subject ‘Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in the Election Process’ in New Delhi on 25th January 2018.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 1st February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 29th and 30th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 28th January 2018