Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. RIL (Reliance Industries) becomes India’s first company to cross Rs 6-lakh crore market cap
- The shares of RIL touched the 52-week high of Rs 974.5 and becomes the first Indian company that crosses the Rs. 6-lakh crore. The 40 % share of the company is owned the chairman Mukesh Ambani and he become the richest Indian with personal wealth of $40.7 billion and the 20th richest globally.
- RIL is followed by the India’s largest software exporter, Tata Consultancy Services with the worth of Rs 5,95,946 crore.
- HDFC Bank becomes the first bank that crosses market capitalisation of Rs 5 lakh crore recently.
2. ‘Vijaya’ the 2nd indigenously built Coast Guard offshore patrol vessel (OPV) is launched at Kattupalli
Shipyard, Tamil Nadu built by L&T Shipyard.
3. Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh announced the ‘Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang (CMHT)’ a
health assurance scheme for the poor and disabled people.
4. Rapid Reporting System Scheme is Launched for Adolescent Girls on National Girl Child Day
- The scheme is launched by the Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD), Mr Rakesh Srivastava. on the occasion of National Girl Child Day – 24th January.
- Under the scheme a web based online monitoring service is started for the Adolescent Girls in New Delhi. Currently the portal is available in 508 districts across the country and the URL for the portal is ‘sag-rrs.nic.in’. It is developed in collaboration with National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Rapid Reporting System (RSS) the Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) between the age group of 11 to 14 years that aims to improve the nutritional and health status, upgrading their skills.
- The Minister for Women and Child Development is Maneka Gandhi.
5. S Somanath appointed as the Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
- Mr Somnath was previously the ISRO’s Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC) director and now he takes the charge of director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC). He succeeded the K Sivan who has joined ISRO as Chairman.
- VSSC is the ISRO’s lead centre for launch vehicles and situated in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on the south-west coast of India, in 1962.
6. Nara Lokesh is awarded by Dr. Kalam Innovation in Governance Award 2018
- Mr Nara Lokesh is the Andhra Pradesh’s Information Technology (IT) Minister, he presented the number of innovative initiatives that the Andhra Pradesh Government is taking to improve its governance.
- The award ceremony took place at the Dr. Kalam Centre. The award was distributed by Rajya Sabha Secretary-General Desh Deepak Verma on the occasion of second edition of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Summit on innovation in governance.
7. IOB and NHB signed MoU for rural housing push
- The MoU is signed for the Rural Housing Interest Subsidy Scheme (RHISS) of the Ministry of Rural Development in between the Indian Overseas Bank and National Housing Bank.
- Under the scheme a subsidiary is provided for housing loans taken by those living in rural areas for construction and modifications of their dwelling units. A loan amount of Rs 2 lakh at the interest rate of 3 percent is provided for the tenure of 20 years.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Indian Overseas Bank Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO of IOB : R. Subramaniakumar
- National Housing Bank Headquarters : New Delhi
- CEO: Shri Sriram Kalyanaraman
- Parent agency: Reserve Bank of India
8. AYUSH Minister lays foundation stone for Homeopathy Research Institute at Jaipur
- The Minister of State (IC) for AYUSH is Shri Shripad Yesso Naik and who led the foundation of of third Central Research Institute (CRI) under the aegis of Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) in Jaipur on 22nd January 2018.
- CCRH is the autonomous body under the Ministry of AYUSH for undertaking scientific research in Homoeopathy, with 23 institutes across the country.
- The institute adopted the 5 villages for Swasthya Rakshan Program.
9. 2018 Women’s World T20 Championship is hosted by West Indies
- Women’s World T20 – 2018 is hosted by the West Indies in November 2018. The announcement is made by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- West Indies selected three venues through a bidding process that have been ratified by the ICC.
- The ICC Chief Executive is David Richardson and the Headquarters- Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
10. Shuttler Siddharth Singh Clinched the Swedish Open Junior Badminton Title
- Indian shuttler Siddharth Pratap Singh made a straight-game victory over Denmark’s Mads Christophersen in the finals of Swedish Open Junior International Series held at Uppsala in Sweden.
- The capital of Sweden is Stockholm and the currency is Swedish Krona.
11. Lifter Rakhi Halder Creates New National Record in National Weightlifting Championships
- She won the the gold medal in 63kg women’s category in the 33rd Women Senior National Weightlifting Championships, held in Mangaluru, Karnataka.
- She lifted the 128kgs in the clean and jerk for a total of 230kgs and breaks the previous national record of Karnam Malleswari’s feat of 127 kg created in Athens in 1999.
12. Ursula K. Le Guin the Best-Selling Science Fiction author Passed Away
- Ursula K. Le Guin is best known for her feminist themes and Earthsea books she has passed away at the age of 88.
- She was honored with National Book Award in 2014 and her first novel was Roncannon’s World in 1966. She also received the Hugo and Nebula awards top science fiction prizes for her book ‘The Left Hand of Darkness’.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 1st February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 29th and 30th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 28th January 2018