Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. INS Vikramaditya is formally inducted in Bihar Regiment
- Indian Naval Ship Vikramaditya is the Indian Navy’s largest ship and sole aircraft carrier is now formally inducted in Indian Army’s Bihar Regiment and Indian Air Force’s No. 6 Squadron.
- The ceremony took place at Karwar Naval Base in Karnataka onboard of INS Vikramaditya.
- Admiral Sunil Lanba is the current Chief of Naval Staff.
2. Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban Launches Smart Star-Rating in Goa
- ‘Protocol for Star Rating of Garbage-Free Cities’ in Goa is launched by the Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (I/C) for Housing and Urban Affairs along with the Chief Minister of Goa.
- This initiative is developed by the Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban and under this rating of cities is done on a 7-star rating system based on multiple cleanliness indicators.
- Cities can be rated as the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 star if they are eligible under the specified conditions for each rating. The cities should be ODF(Open Defecation Free) before it could attain the rating of 3 star or above.
- Cities may self-declare themselves as 1-star, 2-star or 4-star and after that MoHUA will carry out an additional verification through an independent third party to certify cities as 3-star, 5-star or 7-star
- All the cities have to get re-certified themselves every year to retain their star-status.
3. Fourth India International Science Festival (IISF) will be held in Lucknow
- The decision of organizing the festival was taken at the first preparatory meeting for the 4th India International Science Festival (IISF) which is chaired by Union Minister for Science & Technology, Environment, Forest & Climate Change and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- The 1st IISF was held at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) New Delhi in December, 2015.
4. Mercedes-Benz becomes first to launch BS-VI norms
- Mercedes- Benz is one of the leading German auto major that unveils its BS-VI-compliant S Class produced at its Pune facility. The company has achieved the title more than two years ahead of the government deadline of April 2020 for switching to new emission norms.
- In addition to this the company also received the certificate of compliance to the CMVR (Central motor vehicles rule) from the Automotive Research Association of India.
5. Home Minister, Rajnath Singh Launches Bharat Ke Veer Anthem
- Bharat Ke Veer is a fund for supporting the families of those courageous and brave Indian soldiers from the eight Central Armed Police Forces, who lost their lives while protecting the nation from terrorists and other anti- social elements.
- Home Ministry is responsible for the administration the fund and provided to the family of martyred soldier on anuual basis as one time grant.
- Mr. Rajnath Singh also launched a short film on India’s brave hearts along with the Bharat Ke Veer anthem and appealed the people to contribute in Bharat Ke Veer initiative and support the families of martyred soldier.
6. Nanaji Deshmukh Krishi Sanjivani Yojna, a Rs.4,000-crore project aimed at promoting climate-resilient
agriculture is launched by Maharashtra Government
7. Maharashtra Launches `Balasaheb Thackeray Shaheed Sanmaan’ Scheme For Martyrs Family member
- Under the scheme jobs are provided by the Maharashtra Government in Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) to the family member of Martyrs family members and lifetime free bus passes are provided to the wives of martyrs.
- The scheme was announced by CM Devendra Fadnavis and Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray. ‘Sleeper Shiv-shahi’ buses service is launched by MSRTC at the programme held at the ST bus depot in Mumbai Central.
- A scheme for the youth in the Naxal-affected areas is also launched by the MSRTC, and under which driving training schools would be started for them.
8. 63rd Filmfare Awards 2018 held at NSCI Dome in Worli, Mumbai : Complete List Of Winners
- Best Director award – Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari for ‘Bareilly Ki Barfi’.
- Best Film Award – Hindi Medium’
- Best Actor (Male) – Irrfan Khan for Hindi medium
- Best Actor Award(Female) – Vidya Balan for ‘Tumhari Sulu’.
9. SBI and other Four More Banks Suspend Accounts Of Major Bitcoin Exchanges In India
- The leading banks of the country State Bank of India (SBI), HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, and YES Bank have suspended the some accounts of major Bitcoin exchanges in India on the basis of suspicious transactions.
- The legal action has been taken against the top ten cryptocurrency exchanges in the country that are – Zebpay, Unocoin, CoinSecure and BtcxIndia. And the estimated revenue of these exchanges is equal to Rs 400 billion in Indian Currency.
- According to the latest survey more than $3.5 billion worth transactions has been taken place over a seventeen – month period.
10. Ramayana Festival Begins in New Delhi , To Enhance India-ASEAN Ties
- This is the 5 – day festival which is organised by Indian Council for Cultural Relations marking the 25 years of the Indo – ASEAN ties
- The festival depicts the common cultural heritage and India’s friendship with ASEAN nations.
11. India won 5th Blind Cricket World Cup 2018 by defeating Pakistan
- 5th World Cup for the Blind 2018 is held at Sharjah Cricket Stadium in UAE and the hosting countries are UAE and Pakistan. This match is of 40 overs.
- The event is organised by World Blind Cricket Council head previous tournament of 2014 is won by India that was held in Cape Town.
- Sunil Ramesh was declared as man of the match.
- Headquarter of World Blind Cricket Council :Bengaluru and the President is Syed Sultan Shah
12. Apple Named as The World’s Most Admired Company For 2018
- Fortune released the list of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’ for 2018 and the technology giant topped the list.
- Apple is followed by E-commerce giant Amazon which has retained the second spot which is followed by Google’s parent Alphabet at third spot.
- Facebook, the social media gaint was ranked at 12 spot on the list out of the 50 companies.
- Headquarters of Apple: California, United States and CEO: Tim Cook
13. Indian Equity Market Becomes 5th Largest In The World In 2018
- Indian Equity Market is going to take over China as it is the fastest growing economy in 2018 which is fifth largest in the World.
- According to a Sanctum Wealth Management India is a reforming economy with the prospects of strong long-term growth as compared to other countries that offer low growth and insufficient structural change.
- Developed economies are showing 2-3 per cent growth but India is focused on 7.5 per cent growth.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 1st February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 29th and 30th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 28th January 2018