Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. Maitre-2 bus services started to connect India and Bangladesh
- Maitre-2 is the second passenger bus service started to connect Kolkata (India) to Dhaka (Bangladesh). This bus service is started from Agartala, Tripura and it is aimed to improve trans-border relationship between India and Bangladesh.
- This service is flagged of by the Chairman of Tripura Road Transport Corporation, Rajendra Reang and MLA of Agartala Ratan Das.
- The first Maitre bus service was released in the year 2015.
2. Anandiben Patel to be appoited as next Governor of Madhya Pradesh
- Anandiben Patel is the former CM of Gujrat and she is going to replace Om Prakash Kohli who has currently taken the charge of office of Madhya Pradesh and Gujrat Governor.
3. IPS officer Sudeep Lakhtakia appointed as new NSG DG
- Mr. Lakhtakia is the 1984 batch IPS officer of Telengana cadre and currently has a charge of special DG of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) headquarters.
- He is going to replace SP Singh whose term is going to expire at the end of January.
4. MEITY launches ‘Cyber Surakshit Bharat’ to strengthen Cybersecurity
- Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative is an awareness program on the importance of cyber security. It is launched in association with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners.
- It is the first public-private partnership and the expertise of IT Industry in cyber security.
5. NDRF Celebrated its 13th Raising Day
- The 13th Raising Day of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is celebrated in New Delhi. Rajiv Jain, the director of Intelligence Bureau took part in the event as Chief Guest.
- The discussion took place in the meeting are disaster threat of the country and the important changes taken place in India and across the world.
6. President Kovind Unveiled a book on self development ‘The Heartfulness Way’
- The author of the book are Kamlesh Patel, also known as Daaji and the second author is Joshua Pollock .
- The book enclose the seeker’s journey while examining the nature of spiritual search within and around us.
- The book is launched by the Suresh Prabhu, Commerce and Industries Minister.
7. National CSR Data Protocol & Corporate Data Protocol is released by Arun Jaitley in New Delhi.
- According to the Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Arun Jaitley this initiative will bring more transparency and accountability for corporate sector in India.
- The portal is easily accessible by the people and it ensure high level compliance that will help in consolidating and institutionalizing CSR activities and also it make the corporate sector very much transparent.
8. Nine more smart cities is announced by government.
- The announcement is made by Urban Development Minister, Hardeep Singh Puri.
- The total investment allocated for the project of 99 Smart Cities is two lakh three thousand 979 crore rupees.
- Under this scheme each city will get Rs 500 crore from the Centre in order to implement the various projects.
- Silvasa ranked first in the list of winning cities. This city belongs to Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
Here is the list of 9 new smart cities:
- Silvassa – ( Dadra and Nagar Haveli – UT)
- Erode – (Tamil Nadu)
- Diu – (Diu Island)
- Biharsharif – (Bihar)
- Bareilly – (Uttar Pradesh)
- Itanagar – (Arunachal Pradesh)
- Moradabad – (Uttar Pradesh)
- Saharanpur – (Uttar Pradesh)
- Kavaratti – (Lakshadweep)
9. Manav Thakkar ranked as World No.2 and Diya Chitale as No.5 in International Table Tennis Rankings
- Manav Thakkar is under- 18 category while Diya Chitalerose is under 15 category .
- Payas Jain, the Natioanl Champion has climbed up to the 11th spot and Jeho H at No. 12 and Selena Selvakumar is now moved to the 37 rank.
- Headquarter of International Table Tennis Federation is at Lausanne, Switzerland and the President is Thomas Weikert
10. Mauritius, The Largest Source Of FDI In India
- According to the latest census taken by the Reserve Bank of India Mauritius was the largest source of FDI as it has 21.8 percent share in the Indian market and it is followed by US and UK in the year 2016-2017.
- Total sales in India increased by 18.7 percent including exports of foreign subsidiaries whereas their purchases, increased by 20.1 percent including imports in 2016 – 2017.
Other Important Fact For Exam
- Capital: Port Louis
- Currency: Mauritian rupee
- Prime Minister: Pravind Jugnauth
11. India Becomes 43rd Member Of Australia Group
- Australia Group is an informal forum which seeks to ensure that exports do not contribute to the development of chemical or biological weapons.
- This inclusion will strengthen the India’s Stance in the field of Non Proliferation Treaty and also help in acquiring critical technologies.
- Recently India has entered into the Wassenaar Arrangement and the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) despite that it is not a signatory of Non Proliferation Treaty.
Other Important Facts
- Ambassador of Australia to India: Jane Hardy
- Australian High Commissioner to India: Harinder Kaur Sidhu
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 1st February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 29th and 30th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 28th January 2018