Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. Indian Navy launches Third Scorpene Class submarine ‘Karanj’ at Mazagon Docks
- INS ‘Karanj’ is built by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, Mumbai in collaboration with French Shipbuilding Major Naval Group, formally DCNS .
- This is the third of the six indigenous Scorpene-class submarines equipped with superior stealth features and precision-guided weapons and has an overall length of 67.5 meters and a height of about 12.3 metres.
- The submarine is launched by the Mrs Reena Lanba, President of Navy Wives Welfare Association and Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff was the chief guest on the occasion.
- Karanj is constructed under the Project 75 Programme and under this a total of 6 submarines are going to be launched. The First Scorpene Class Submarine is Kalvari and the Second Scorpene Class Submarine is Khandari
2. PetaFlop Super Computer ‘Mihir’ is launched in Noida By Environment Minister Harshvardhan
- Mihir is the 2.8 PetaFlop capacity high performance computer system launched in Noida by the Environment Minister Harshvardhan.
- The super computer is highly efficient in predicting severe climate-related calamities and warnings for fishermen. After the launch of this super computer India becomes the member of elite 30 member group of countries that have this advanced technology.
- Recently Union Minister of Earth Sciences, Dr Harsh Vardhan provides ‘Pratyush’ India’s fastest and first multi-petaflops supercomputer to the country in Pune.
3. According to recent Greenpeace Report Uttar Pradesh is most polluted state of the country
- According to the report among the 30 cities of the state 15 cities have highest levels of toxic air in the country and the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s constituency, Varanasi is the most polluted city.
- Union Territory New Delhi topped the list and Lucknow was 18th among the 30 most polluted cities and towns of the country.
- Hassan city of Karnataka becomes the city with cleanest air in the country.
4. Indian Government Signs 250 million Dollar Loan Agreement with ADB
- The agreement is signed to finance the construction of over 6 thousand 2 hundred kilometres all-weather rural roads for connectivity in 5 states viz Assam, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal. This is done under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
- This will boost the rural connectivity, facilitating safer and more efficient access to livelihood and socio-economic opportunities for rural communities.
- The ADB is established in 19 December 1966 and the headquarter is situated in Manila, Philippines and the president of ADB is Takehiko Nakao.
5. Postage Stamp Released In Honour Of Footballer T Ao by Assam Governor
- Dr Talimeren Ao (T Ao) is the former captain of Indian football team. He represented the Indian team in 1948 London Olympics as captain and played for Mohun Bagan for several years in the 1940s. He is from Naga Hills region of Assam.
- The postage stamp is released by the Assam Governor Prof Jagdish Mukhi on the birth centenary year of Dr Talimeren Ao.
6. “Stree Swabhiman” Initiative Launched By MeITY
- The “Stree Swabhiman” initiative aims to provide an easy access to affordable sanitary products for adolescent girls and women. It is launched by the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeITY).
- Under this a micro manufacturing units for sanitary napkin are being set up at Common Services Centres CSCs across India, they are particularly operated by women entrepreneurs.
7. India becomes third largest producer of crude steel : World Steel Association
- India has overtaken the position from US as India’s crude steel production grew by 6.2 per cent to 101.4 million tonnes (MT) in 2017 as compared to 95.5 MT from the previous year.
- Now India is competing with Japan for second spot as its has witnessed a negative growth as steel output declined by 0.1 per cent and China remained the world leader by producing 831.7 MT in 2017.
8. Google launches a New App Named “Bulletin”
- “Bulletin” is the new app which is absolutely free, lightweight that allow its users to submit stories for and about their communities by capturing photos, video clips and text right from their devices.
- The app is currently available in Nashville, Tennessee and Oakland, California as it has launched as a limited pilot project. The app will specially designed for contributing hyperlocal stories about various community.
- Google CEO- Sundar Pichai,
- Parent organization- Alphabet Inc.
- Headquarters- The USA.
9. Australia to Host Final of 2020 World T20 at Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Australia will host the final of both the men’s and women’s World Twenty20 in 2020 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- This is the first time that the tournaments are held as stand-alone events in the same year in the same country. And the women’s final will coincide with International Women’s Day of 8th March.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Australia Capital- Canberra
- Currency- Australian dollar.
10. Sharath Kamal Becomes Table Tennis Nationals Champion
- He defeated top-seeded Anthony Amalraj to win the men singles title for the eighth time.
- In women championship Suthirta Mukherjee from West Bengal won the title after defeating Hyderabad Nationals winner Manika Batra.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 29th and 30th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 28th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 27th January 2018