Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1.Maharashtra Becomes The First State To Introduce Public Cloud Policy
- Under this Public Cloud Policy Maharashtra Government virtually mandated all the department to store their data onto the cloud. And also it is mandatory that all the data is stored within the country.
- The policy is applicable till 2022 and the State Cabinet cleared the State Innovation and Start-up Policy. The objective of the policy is to attract the investment of Rs. 5000 crore or USD 2- billion dollar for the development of industry and other start-ups and it will boost the private sector investment as the government is biggest creators and consumer of data.
- The policy is launched by the Devendra Fadnavis at the Maharashtra Technology Summit.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Devendra Fadnavis
- Governor: C. Vidyasagar Rao
2. ISA Forum is held at World Future Energy Summit In Abu Dhabi attended by MoS RK Singh.
- Shri Raj Kumar Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy attended the International Solar Alliance Forum that was held in Abu Dhabi at World Future Energy Summit.
- An investment of $350 million is announced as Solar Development Fund from Indian Government for the Solar Projects Financing.
- India is expecting to achieve 175 GW target of installed Renewable Energy capacity well before 2020.
- International Solar Alliance is established by Paris Declaration as an alliance dedicated to the promotion of solar energy among the member countries.
3. BioAsia To Open In Hyderabad
- Government of Telangana flagged off the 15th edition of BioAsia at Hyderabad. And the theme of the event is ‘Right Time, Right Now’.
- The international partners of the events are Ireland, Netherlands and South Africa and the state partners include Gujarat, Assam and Rajasthan.
- BioAsia is the most prominent technology and bio-business convention in Asia for Life sciences, pharmaceuticals and healthcare.
Other Important Facts for Exams
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Chief Minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor: E. S. L. Narasimhan
4. Centre, CII signed MoU for Development of Logistics Sector
- Government of India and Confederation of indian Industry (CII) signed the MoU in order to enhance the import and export performance. The MoU is signed in the presence of Suresh Prabhu Commerce and Industry Minister.
5. WhatsApp Launched the Business App for Android
- WhatsApp is the instant messaging app owned by the Facebook which has unvield the Business App feature for the Android users only. This App connects all the small businesses directly with the customers.
- This new feature of the app is available first in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, UK and the US and in the coming weeks it will be globally launched.
6. ‘SAREX-18,’ the joint search and rescue exercise by Indian and Japanese Coast Guards have been
conducted in the Bay of Bengal off the Chennai Coast in the Bay of Bengal.
7. Nitin Chauhan is appointed as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) by Paytm Payments Bank.
8. Turkey is in State Of Emergency For Another 6 Months
- Turkey’s parliament has voted in the favour of extending emergency for another six months. This is the sixth time extension of emergency and Turkey is already under the emergency rule more than a year and half.
- During emergency the president and the government can bypass the parliamentary procedures for passing the new laws and also it can suspend the rights and freedoms.
- In the year 2016 first time the state of emergency is declared in Turkey and more than 50,000 people were jailed and over 110,000 has been dismissed from their positions.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Capital of Turkey : Ankara
- Currency: Turkish lira
- Prime Minister: Recep Tayyip Erdogan
9. HDFC Bank Crosses Rs.5 Trillion Market Capitalisation
- The india’s most valued company is Reliance Industries Ltd with Rs 6 trillion market capitalization then it is followed by TCS at Rs. 5.28 trillion and HDFC Bank at Rs. 4.92 trillion.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- HDFC ( Housing Development Finance Corp. Ltd)
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
10. Viorica Dancila is the Romania’s first female prime minister
- She is appointed as the Prime Minister after the sudden resignation of Mihai Tudose.
- Ms Dancila belongs to governing Social Democratic Party (PSD), leader Liviu Dragnea and the member of European Parliament.
- She is 54 years old and the Romaina’s third prime minister in seven months.
11. Microsoft tops the Thomson Reuters ‘Top 100 global tech leaders list’
- In the ‘Top 100 global tech leaders list’ Microsoft is at No. 1 spot and it is followed by Chipmaker Intel Corp and network gear maker Cisco System Inc.
- 45 percent of these 100 tech companies have their headquarter in the United States ans also 5 Indian companies have gained position in the list.
12. International Solar Alliance Forum held at World Future Energy Summit
- A two day event ‘International Solar Alliance Forum’ is hosted at the Future World Energy Summit (WFES) 2018 during the 17 and 18 January, 2018
- During the ISA event an ISA Pavilion was also set up for dissemination of information about ISA and its activities and programmes.
- the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Agreement entered into force on the 6th December, 2017 after the 15 ratifications and hence it become a de jure treaty based international intergovernmental organisation.
- Untill now 19 countries have ratified and 48 countries have signed the ISA Framework Agreement
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 1st February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 29th and 30th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 28th January 2018