Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. Atal Bhujal Yojana Launched By Union Goveernment
- The scheme is launched for sustainable ground water management with community participation in the selected over – exploited and ground water stressed areas in seven States viz. Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
- The scheme is implemented with the World Bank Assistance and a fund of Rs. 6000 crore is allocated for this by the Centre.
2. LaQshya program launched for pregnant woman
- The scheme is announced by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for improving the quality of care in labour room and maternity Operation Theatre (OT), Obstetrics Intensive Care Units (ICUs) and High Dependency Units (HDUs).
- The scheme covers all the Medical College Hospitals, District Hospitals and First Referral Unit (FRU), and Community Health Center (CHCs) and it will aims to benefit every pregnant woman and new-born delivering in public health institutions.
- The program aims to reduce maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality, improve quality of care during delivery and immediate post-partum period and enhance satisfaction of beneficiaries and provide Respectful Maternity Care (RMC) to all pregnant women attending public health facilities.
3. An Agreement is Signed Between Health Ministry and WHO For Enhanced Cooperation For Healthcare
- The agreement is signed in between Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General of WHO and J.P. Nadda, Union Health and Family Welfare Minister in New Delhi.
- The discussed how to strengthen collaborative work between India and WHO in achieving improved health outcomes and perspectives on national, regional and global public health program.
4. NCRB Launches ‘Citizen Services’ Mobile App on Inception Day
- ‘Citizen Services’ is the mobile app launched by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) on the occasion of its 33rd Inception Day.
- The mobile app will offer various essential police related services to the citizens. The mobile based application comprises a bouquet of 9 police related services for the citizen.
5. Continuation of Ongoing Urea Subsidy Scheme is Approved by CCEA
- The proposal of Department of Fertilizers to continue Urea Subsidy Scheme has been approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs up to 2019-20 with the total estimated cost of Rs. 1,64,935 crore and for disbursement of fertilizer subsidy. Hence it implies that there will be no increase in price of urea, till 2020.
- Urea Subsidy Scheme is the part of Central Sector Scheme of Department of Fertilizers from 1st April, 2017 and the scheme is wholly financed by the Government of India through Budgetary Support.
6. World Happiness Report 2018: India Ranks 133rd
- World Happiness Report is the landmark survey of state of global happiness. The Report ranks 156 countries by their happiness level and 117 countries by the happiness of their immigrants.
- The study reveals that top three happiest countries are Finland, Norway, Denmark. US has slipped to 18th place, five places down on 2016, India ranked 133rd in the report among its neighbor countries i.e after Pakistan (75th), China (86th) and Nepal (101st).
7. World Hindi Secretariat inaugurated in Mauritius by President Of India
- World Hindi Secretariat is inaugurated in Port Louis, capital city of Mauritius by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Land for the Secretariat is provided by the Mauritius government and its is fully financed by the Indian Government for and for this a grant of 33 crore rupees was allocated.
- The foundation stone of the building was laid by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015.
Other Important Facts
- Capital of Mauritius – Port Louis
- President of Mauritius – Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
- Currency of Mauritius – Mauritian rupee
8. Member-Countries of WHO, South-East Asia Region Commit to End TB by 2030
- The member countries of World Health organisation (WHO), South – East Asia Region are committed for intensifying efforts to eradicate tuberculosis by 2030 including India.
- Under this a United Nations high-level meeting on TB eradication is going to organise in September 2018. where the issue is discussed in between Heads of State level.
Other Important Facts
- The International Kochon Prize 2017 is awarded by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for contribution to the National Programme in Tuberculosis research.
- And an agreement is signed between Health Ministry and the WHO for enhanced cooperation in the health sector.
9. Indian para-athlete Deepa Malik Becomes Asian Rank 1 in Javelin
- Deepa Malik, Indian para-athlete becomes the top scorer in the discus throw in Asia ranking under 53 category and becomes second top scorer in Asian Games in World Para Athletics Grand Prix 2018 under 51/52/53 category.
- She is also qualified for the Asian Para Games 2018 for discus throw, which is to be held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Deepa Malik has been awarded with Arjuna award in 2012 and also she has been conferred the prestigious Padma Shri award in 2017 by the Government of India.
10. Three-decade ban on Iraq for hosting international matches has been lifted by FIFA
- FIFA had banned the country from international turfs after the Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait in 1990.
- According to the FIFA president Gianni Infantino the organisation has lifted its three-decade ban on Iraq hosting international football in the cities of Arbil, Basra and Karbala.
Other Important Facts
Headquarters of FIFA : Zurich, Switzerland
President of FIFA : Gianni Infantino