Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. International Police Conference on Cybercrime & Terrorism is inaugurated by Union Home Minister
- The event of Asia-Pacific Regional Conference of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) is organised in New Delhi for two days and its Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the event.
- The theme of the ceremony is “Challenges to Policing in 2020- How is Cyber Space shaping our approach to Cybercrime & Terrorism, how do we perform within it and take advantage of it”.
- The organizing authorities of event are Asia-Pacific World Regional Office (APWRO) of the IACP in association with the Intelligence Bureau.
- The discussions at the event are mainly focused about the growing interest of various terrorist/ organized groups and radical elements in exploiting the Cyberspace and its advanced technologies for their various heinous crimes and nefarious designs.
2. The Delhi End TB Summit will be held at Vigyan Bhawan in the capital
- The summit will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and the organizing authority of the event are the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, WHO South East Asia Regional Office (SEARO).
- The summit is organised under National Strategic Plan for TB elimination and a fund of Rs. 12000 crore rupees is allocated for next three years to ensure every TB patient has access to quality diagnosis, treatment, and support
3. India’s first hydrogen bus put on trial by Tata Motors and Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)
- The demonstration was organised in the presence of Dr R Chidambaram, principal scientific adviser to the government of India and the chairman and board members of Indian Oil.
- The project is completed under partial financial support from the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
4. Government To Award For Best Investigators Of Crime
- Government has decided to award the best investigators of crime among police officers for promoting high professional standards among police forces.
- It has been declared that the award – Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Police Investigation – will be given to the best investigators of police forces of States, Union Territories and other central investigating agencies.
- According to the average crime data for the last three years a total of 162 medals will be awarded every year. Among which 137 will be given to the states and Union territories and other 25 for the central investigating agencies like National Investigation Agency, CBI and Narcotics Control Bureau.
5. India’s first National Academy of Coastal Policing (NACP) will be set up
- National Academy of Coastal Policing (NACP) will set up by the Union home ministry which is located in the coastal Okha in the newly created Devbhoomi Dwarka district.
- The National Academy of Coastal Policing (NACP) will be created by multi-agency team of paramilitary and defence forces and run by them. This will sharpen the response and skills of the marine forces of multiple states which have sea lines.
6. Letter of Undertaking, Letter of Comfort discontinued by RBI
- This step is taken by the authority in view of the alleged Rs 12,700-crore Punjab National Bank (PNB) scam, which is done through fraudulent issuance of Letter of Understanding (LoUs) by connivance of the bank’s staff. Hence Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has discontinued issuance of LoUs by banks for trade credits for imports into India.
- RBI has notified that Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees for trade credits for imports into India may continue to be issued subject to compliance with the provisions.
7. Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) launches the loan scheme for women entrepreneurs
- The loan scheme is designed for women to take up new ventures or for expanding/modifying the existing enterprises. and called as ‘Vikas She Plus’,
- Under this scheme a loan up to a maximum of Rs 2 lakh is provided with a repayment period of 60 months.
- A loan of Rs 22 crore is disbursed by the bank to about 2,500 women beneficiaries on the day of launch itself.
8 . Bidya Devi Bhandari relected as Nepal President for second term
- She is the Nepal’s first woman president who was first elected in 2015.
- She defeated the Nepali Congress leader Kumari Laxmi Rai with an overwhelming majority in the presidential election.
9 . Sebastian Pinera appointed as Chile’s president
- He is Businessman-turned politician who has been sworn in as Chile’s president, beginning what will be his second term in office after a four-year absence.
- Pinera is the fourth wealthiest man in Chile according to the Forbes magazine. He was re-elected in last November elections, promising to lower taxes and boost investment, and will serve until 2022.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Chile : officially the Republic of Chile is a South American country.
- Capital of Chile : Santiago
- Currency of Chile : Peso
10. World Ocean Summit 2018 concluded in Mexico’s Riviera Maya.
- The summit is held in order to provide a platform for business, government and environmental leaders to talk about the problems facing the world’s seas and to come up with solutions to protect the planet’s vast ocean resources.
- According to the UN’s environmental director governments should take more responsibility for the world’s oceans.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 17th March 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 14th March 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 10th and 11th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 8th and 9th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 7th February 2018