Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. Global Investment Summit inaugurated in Assam by PM Modi
- The conference is organised for two days in Assam and the event is inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The event is held to promote investment in the state and the North East.
- The conference is attended by the famous businessmen Ratan Tata and Mukesh Ambani and other invester’s from other countries like Bhutan, Bangladesh, Germany and Japan as well as ASEAN countries will participated in the summit.
2. RBI Released 6th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement
- The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) maintains the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) unchanged at 6.0%.
- Hence the Reverse Repo Rate (RRR) under the LAF remains at 5.75%, and the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate are maintained at 6.25%.
- For 2017-18 the GVA growth is projected at 6.6%. GVA growth for 2018-19 is projected at 7.2% overall with risks evenly balanced.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- Dr Urjit Patel is the 24th Governor of RBI.
- RBI Headquarters in Mumbai.
3. CRISIL, SIDBI Launch India’s First MSE Sentiment Index ‘CriSidEx’
- CriSidEx is the India’s first sentiment index for micro and small enterprises ( MSEs) it is jointly developed by CRISIL & SIDBI. The CriSidEx is launched by the Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Shri Arun Jaitley.
- CriSidEx measures MSE business sentiment on a scale of 0 (extremely negative ) to 200 ( extremely positive) and it is type of composite index based on a diffusion index of 8 parameters. And these parametric feedback was captured through a survey of 1100 MSEs in November –December.
- CriSidEx is launched as its readings will flag potential headwinds and changes in production cycles and thus help improve market efficiencies. It is will capture the sentiment of exporters and importers and also offer actionable indicators on foreign trade.
4. India allocated a total of Rs. 15,011 crore to the Nepal
- India has doubled the annual financial allocation to Nepal for 2018-19 under the Union Budget presented on February 1.
- The External Affairs Ministry made the decision under the development and diplomatic engagement ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy. The total budget allocated was Rs. 5545 crore.
- Traditionally the largest recipient of Ministry’s allocation is Bhutan.
5. International Conference on ‘Demetrios Galanos and His Legacy’ was held at IGNCA in New Delhi.
- The event is organised for 8-days at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) in New Delhi,
- The International Conference is being held in Delhi and Varanasi, in addition to organizing the exhibition and folk music of Greece.
6. Haryana Government launches ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ to support farmers
- Haryana government launched the ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ scheme to provide for the sale of organic manure and cow urine with an aim to benefit farmers.
- Under this scheme a provision of Rs 11 crore has been made to provide benefits of various projects.
- The announcement is made by the Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar at a ‘Kisan Samman Samaroh’ in Nizampur village of Sonipat district.
7. Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International airport becomes world’s busiest single-runway airport
- Mumbai airport created the new world record for single-runway operations by handling 980 arrivals and take-offs in 24 hours.
- Mumbai airport is followed by the Gatwick, the U.K.’s second largest airport which remains the most efficient single-runway airport in the world.
8. SpaceX Launches its Most Powerful Rocket Falcon Heavy Towards Mars
- US-based SpaceX successfully placed the world’s most powerful operational rocket Falcon Heavy towards Mars.
- Falcon Heavy carries the Tesla Roadster car that will revolve around the Sun in a way so that it repeatedly bring it close to the Earth and Mars.
- After NASA’s Saturn V Falcon Heavy has highest thrust and capacity . The rocket is successfully launched from the Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
9. Sweden made Record of $370 million Aid to UN World Food Programme
- A Strategic Partnership Agreement is signed between the Sweden and the United Nations World Food Programme in which Sweden commuted an unprecedented $370 million dollars to WFP over the next four years.
- This is the biggest contribution for the period 2018-2021 ever made by a donor within a WFP Strategic Partnership Agreement.
10. Jhulan Goswami becomes 1st Woman in the World to Take 200 ODI Wickets
- Jhulan Goswami is the Indian women’s cricket team pacer who has become the first woman in the world to take 200 wickets in ODI cricket.
- She overtake the former Australian pacer Cathryn Fitzpatrick’s record of 180 wickets.
- She achieved the title in her 166th ODI against South Africa and become the leading wicket-taker in women’s ODI in May 2017.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 8th and 9th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 7th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 5th And 6th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 4th February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 17th March 2018