Welcome to Daily Current Affairs 2018 for various government job preparation. It is highly recommended that all the serious candidates seeking for government jobs must visit regularly our currents affair section. We update important current affairs for various examination such as IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, SSC etc along with the additional background on daily basis. The sources of these contents are The Hindu, Business Standard, PIB, Indian Express, Wikipedia and other standard sources so that you can boost you preparation.
1. India ranked at 62nd place on Inclusive Development Index by WEF
- India much below in the ranking than its neighbors as China is at 26th spot and Pakistan is at 47th spot among the emerging economies on an Inclusive Development Index . The ranking of India in last year is at 60th position.
- World’s most inclusive advanced economy is Norway and Lithuania tops the list of emerging economies.
- World Economic Forum is Cologny, Geneva based Swiss nonprofit foundation which is established in 1971 and the Klaus Schwab is the executive chairman and founder of WEF.
- This year Forum annual meeting is held at the end of January in Davos.
2. International Dam Safety Conference – 2018 to be held at Thiruvananthapuram
- The conference is inaugurated by the by the Kerala CM Shri Pinarayi Vijayan and Union Minister of State for of Water Resources, , River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal.
- The event is organised by the Central Water Commission in association with Kerala Water Resources Department (KWRD), Kerala State Electricity Board, National Institute of Technology Calicut and College of Engineering, Trivandrum from January 23 and 24.
3. Pet coke is banned in Delhi and other NCR region for trading purpose by Centre
- The step is taken in order to control air pollution and the list of do’s and don’ts for its sale and use in cement plants and other end user industrial units, including refineries is notified by the Union Environment Ministry.
- The ban is imposed in compliance with the 2017 Supreme Court order.
4. India, Uttarakhand and the World Bank signed the $120 million Loan Agreement
- The agreement is aimed to increase access of the improved water supply services in peri-urban areas in the State of Uttarakhand and hence it ensure sustainable water supply service and increase the water supply coverage area in pre-urban regions.
- This will boost the current monitoring and evaluation systems, and provide incentives for preparation and adoption of water supply ‘master-plans’ in peri-urban areas
5. Dilip Chenoy is appointed as Director General of FICCI
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is the industry body which is established in 1927 and the Secretary General of FICCI is Sanjaya Baru.
- Ealier Mr. Chenoy was the MD and CEO of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC). He is also DG of Society of Indian Automobile Manufactures (Siam) as well as deputy director general of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- He is recipient of many awards like the Game Changer Award in 2015 and the Rashtriya Media Ratan Award in 2013.
6. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on his 121st birth anniversary is celebrated nationwide
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose is the India’s great freedom fighter who is born on 1897 in Cuttack, Odisha.
7. Shah Rukh Khan Honoured with 24th Crystal Award at World Economic Forum
- He received the award for “his leadership in championing children’s and women’s rights in India” along with the Hollywood actress Cate Blanchett and Elton John at WEF in Davos, Switzerland.
8. Andhra Pradesh and Canton of Zurich Sign Sister State Agreement
- The agreement is signed to promote the mutual prosperity and development and it ensures that a framework is created, which supports the exchange between both the parties.
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh – ESL Narasimhan.
- Zurich is the capital of Canton of Zurich
9. Chennai to host DefExpo in April
- DefExpo 2018 is the International exhibition on Defence which is hosted by Tamil Nadu for the first time in April.
- At the event some of the latest technologies and products manufactured by both Indian and foreign companies is showcased.
- This is the largest event in defence sector in India and about 80 countries will participate in the event said by the Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
10. India becomes the 5th Most Attractive Market for Investments: PwC Survey
- As per the survey of CEOs by global consultancy PwC India is emerged as fifth most attractive market for investments and the optimism over global economic growth.
- The list is topped by US as about 46% of global CEOs consider the US as one of the three most important countries for growth and it is followed by China (33%) and Germany (20%) that are at second and third places, respectively.
11. Sri Lanka prohibit the import of non-airbag equipped vehicles from July 1
- The Sri Lankan government banned the import of vehicles that are not equipped with air bags, seat belt Anti-Locking Breaking System (ABS) standards and not follows the Euro IV norms.
- The ban is going to impose from July 1 onwards.
Other important Facts For Exams
- Currency of Sri Lanka : Sri Lankan rupee
- Capitals : Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Prime minister : Ranil Wickremesinghe
- President : Maithripala Sirisena
12. US embassy is to opened in Jerusalem by end of 2019 by Trump administration
- US recognises Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and announced to move the embassy from Tel Aviv to the historic city Jerusalem.
Other Important Facts For Exams
- President of the United States: Donald Trump
- Currency: United States Dollar
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 2nd and 3rd February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 1st February 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 31th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 29th and 30th January 2018
- Daily Current Affairs For Various Govt Jobs Preparation : 28th January 2018